Saturday, October 5, 2013

Twinings Butter Mint Sensation: A Tea Review

As previously discussed, whilst I was pregnant I lost any interest in drinking tea. On my first trip to the supermarket post delivery I was keen to check out the tea isle (I know, I know, supermarket tea! Plenty of us buy it though!) and see what was new. Aside from the myriad of teas now being sold in pyramid infusers I noticed a new range from Twinings.

The thing about this range that first caught my eyes were the colourful boxes covered in bright swirly patterns and then I noticed the interesting flavour pairings; Double Mint, Raspberry and Dragon Fruit and Butter Mint. According to Twinings' Australian website this range doesn't even exist. That might explain why I can't find the Camomile and Maple that is cross promoted on the back of my Butter Mint box.



There are a few things that worry me about this tea; firstly the ingredients list. The last item listed is 'Other Natural Flavourings'. Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who actually likes to know what they are putting into their bodies. Secondly, I really can't decide if I like this tea or not. It has such a strange flavour. It's basically vanilla and mint, like a blend of sweet and savoury in a cup. It is however slightly sweet. It really is strange, not completely unpleasant but not something I would buy again. Having said that, whilst it's not my cup of tea it may well be right up someone else's alley! Perhaps I had too high expectations of this tea with its Wonka style flavourings and crazy colourful box which is why I was disappointed.

The Verdict

Tea: Twinings Butter Mint Sensation
Store: Most supermarkets
Rating: 2/5
Comment: Vanilla mint makes for a different flavour 'sensation'. It's not my cup of tea but it might well be yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!